At Grange Infant School, we are very proud of our wonderful lunchtime team. The activities and games included during the lunch hour promote learning through play; where our children develop a further understanding of sharing, patience and listening.
There are a wide variety of games chosen for the children to play, if they so wish to take part. These games can be split into different zones of play, concentrating on a variety of skills.
Some of the activities available are-
Ball and cup & Catch: Concentration, perseverance and hand-eye co-ordination.
Football: Collaboration, patience and co-ordination
Skipping: Perseverance and co-ordination
Traditional Playground games are always being enjoyed at lunchtime by the children and the lunchtime supervisory assistants.
We are also very fortunate to have a lunch club that is run daily, we offer space for up to two children per class to attend Lunch club. Whilst there they have a wide verity of activities to take part in, such as: Lego, colouring in, drawing and iPads.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All infant school age children are now entitled to a free hot school meal. The menu available can be found by clicking here. We encourage our children to take up the opportunity to have a free school dinner apposed to bringing in a packed lunch.
Research shows that-
- Children make more progress if they have eaten the right nutritional lunch
- Only 1% of packed lunches provide the correct nutrition
- Children are better prepared for learning if they eat well
- Eating hot dinners is an important social occasion and the children learn vital social skills
We are introducing a new reward system at Lunchtime where by one child from each class per day will be chosen for “Top Table”. The reward is given when a child follows all of our 6 lunchtime values;
- Please remember not to talk with your mouth full
- Please remember your manners
- Please put your cutlery in the water bowl
- Please scrape your plate into the bin
- Please use quiet voices
- Please keep the floor clean
Top Table is an extra special Lunchtime experience, one we are sure the children will strive to achieve.